Thursday, January 19, 2012

Networking in the Name of Vitnage

On Tuesday evening I ventured out to Rockville to attend a fabulous event. Since I'm new to the vintage fashion game, I try to find as many networking events as possible. The Business of FASHION Networking Event was a mini seminar on branding, marketing, and promoting for designers, photographers, bloggers, hairstylists, retail entrepreneurs, stylists, and others involved in the business of fashion.

The event was held at Red Hue Boutique. Red Hue is a fabulous shop in Rockville, MD (36 Maryland Avenue) owned by the gorgeous Silvia Huezo. I was able to speak to Silvia for a few moments and discovered that her personality just like her shop is fabulous. The boutique is beautifully designed and sells gorgeous apparel, shoes, and jewelry. Even though the store doesn't focus on my vintage obsession, while browsing the boutique, I came across fabulous dresses, blouses, trousers, and jumpsuits that SCREAM VINTAGE. I will definitely be traveling to Rockville soon for a shopping trip. You should check it out too!


Red Hue Boutique Storefront

Red Hue Boutique Dresses

Red Hue Boutique Jewelry

During the event, one of the guest speakers was Katherine Martinez. She is the owner of La Petite Maromoset, a reconstructed vintage clothing company. I have heard such fabulous things about her clothing and even mentioned her display of fabulous items in my "The Art of Vintage" post. It was wonderful to meet her and her achievements are extremely inspiring.

La Petite Marrmoset logo

Since the event was surrounded around mingling, I ended up speaking to two beautiful women. Germayne is the owner and the Robin is an aesthetician at Red Bloom Wellness Spa. They were so lovely to speak with and I can't wait to try out one of their services.
Robin and Germayne

Check out my next post to see what I wore to such a fabulous event
 xoxo
Elan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment