Monday, June 25, 2012

Books, Tassels, and Vintage Withdraw

HEY YA'LL!!! HAVE YOU MISSED ME???

It has been 2 months since I last blogged and I have been experiencing some serious fashion withdraw. I know I've been MIA a little longer than usual this time but for a good reason I promise. I finally graduated from college last month and finishing up my undergraduate career strong meant putting my addictive love of vintage fashion aside to focus on school. Good news is that my absence meant that I successfully received my bachelor's degree in Health Administration and Policy with a concentration in Public Health from the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC). This month, I started graduate school and I must say this higher education stuff is no joke. With weekly papers and hundreds of pages in readings, I have had no time to bond with the fashion community.

Even though I have a few weeks of class left for the summer I've decided that enough is enough. So Elan Renegade Vintage is back with your regular vintage fashion digest. Get ready for the usual runway shows, awesome designers, ootd looks, and fashion must haves mixed with my personal vintage style. For now, here's what I've been up to.

College Grad!!!

On my graduation day I wore a teal and navy striped Silence and Noise silk dress under my cap and gown and paired it with these awesome pink Steve Madden sandals that I borrowed from my sister

The love of my life and I were pretty flashy at my lovely friend Amanda's graduation celebration. I wore a silver pleated two tier dress from Akira Chicago and paired it with my red suede platform pumps and a bold red lip color. The boy wore his favorite H&M vest with a thrifted shirt and bowtie.

The gorgeous ladies!!!

Ending the semester with a night out didn't hurt. Naomi, Heidi and I were ready to hit the town. I wore a ruched blush colored H&M skirt, a simple white tank, and a teal blazer with black trim.
Some of my gorgeous sorors came to celebrate with me at my graduation soiree. Look how colorful we are. I wore a vintage floral high low dress with turquoise and tan strappy wedges.

Jessica and I rocked our vintage inspired fascinators at a tea party. I wore a coral colored dress and my favorite teal blazer with a gold vintage necklace.
Pretty in Pink and Gorgeous in Green. Lambda Phi, Spring 2012 - # 9 "Ivy Strut"


xoxo
Elan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment